Oh how I love my apple crumble overnight oats! This apple crumble recipe is just so good and soooo easy!!! Are you super busy or need to get up really early in the morning for work and don’t have time to make a proper breakfast?…..Well then this one is for you!! You can make the night before and it is good to go in the morning and it tastes delicious and will keep hunger locked away until lunch!
The best thing about this breakfast is it is packed full of Chia seeds! Chia seeds despite their tiny size, chia seeds are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. They are loaded with fibre, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients. They are also are very high in quality protein, much higher than most plant foods. This can reduce appetite and cravings throughout the day.
This delicious bowl of goodness also has a fantastic boost of cinnamon! This super spice reduces blood sugar levels, prevents sugar cravings, It promotes better bran function, curb the negative effects of eating a fatty meal.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds,
- 3 tablespoons gluten free oats,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 large apple grated or 1 small apple
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- unsweetened or home made almond milk or coconut milk (enough milk in to cover the mixture with about an inch over the mixture below, you may need to add extra in the morning as the chia seeds soak up so much liquid)
- Simply leave all the ingredients in a pot overnight in the fridge. In the morning you may need to top up the milk……..Yum!!! Amazing healthy food on the go!!!