Every Christmas dinner I have been to has a bowl of cranberry sauce on the table! The supermarket sauce is loaded with sugar and artificial rubbish. Why not try making your own? It tastes amazing and so much better than shop bought sauces! There is no refined sugar added to this and is just full of amazing cranberry goodness!
- 1 bag whole cranberries,
- ½ cup water
- 1 orange, juiced and keep zest
- 1 orange zest
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (use raw honey if you don’t have this)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Juice 1 apple
- 1 apple chopped up into small pieces
- Rinse your cranberries put ¾ of them into a saucepan (keep the other ¼ for later)
- Wash and zest the orange (only zest the top layer not the white underneath bit as that is sour.)
- Juice the orange.
- Pour juice, zest, cinnamon stick, apple juice, water and coconut sugar over the cranberries put on a high heat for 5min so it is bubbling but make sure you cover with a lid or foil so berries don’t burst in your face (you will hear them popping).
- Stir every few minutes. Wait until all the berries have burst and the liquid is a thick dark red chunky soup.
- Once this happens add the chopped apple and remaining cranberries and cook for another 5min.
- Remove from heat. Let cool for a minute or overnight is best to help infuse flavors.
- This keep for about 1 week.