Healthy Banana Coconut Muffins
I often have left over bananas that start getting brown spots all over and I never ever waste them! I either put them in a delicious fruit salad, i peel and freeze them, I make my curried banana burgers, I make my chickpea pancakes or I make these little delights! Super simple Healthy Banana Coconut muffins! You simply have to try these healthy banana and coconut muffins, they are dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and packed full of protein!
Ingredients- Makes about 8 muffins
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons sprouted brown rice protein powder (i use this in all my smoothies so it is worth buying)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 very ripe large bananas
- 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons melted raw coconut oil
- 1 locally sourced free range egg
- Pre heat oven to 170
- Mash bananas in a bowl (i used a large glass bowl), add in the baking soda and baking powder and mix well (I just used a fork).
- Now add in coconut flour and protein powder mix well again until most lumps are gone.
- Now add in the desiccated coconut, egg and oil and mix well.
- Once mixed put two tables spoons of mixture into each muffin/cake paper
- Place in oven and bake for 25min until knife when poked in comes out clean (note it may still seem quite wet but take them out and allow to cool for about 10-15min if you can and they turn out perfect, you do not want to over cook them)