Healthy chocolate porridge with grilled nectarines
I love this bowl of deliciousness especially pre workout! I normally eat half before the workout and half afterwards. The best thing about this breakfast is it is packed full of Chia seeds! Chia seeds despite their tiny size, chia seeds are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. They are loaded with fibre, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients. They are also are very high in quality protein, much higher than most plant foods. This can reduce appetite and cravings throughout the day.
This bowl of beauty also contains bee Pollen which is amazing for pre workout as it’s an incredible energy enhancer and it’s fab for respiration Bee pollen is a complete food and contains many elements that products of animal origin do not possess. Bee pollen is more rich in proteins than any animal source. It also contains more amino acids than beef, eggs, or cheese of equal weight. About half of its protein is in the form of free amino acids that are ready to be used directly by the body….pretty impressive hey !
This delicious bowl of goodness will keep you full until lunchtime and give you energy for a workout! Try it out
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds,
- 3 tablespoons gluten free oats,
- 1 teaspoon cacao
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (vegan) or raw honey
- 1 cup unsweetened or home made almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- Simply put the oats and chia seeds in a bowl and cover with the milk.
- Leave to soak for at least 30min-1hour or overnight is best.
- Grill the chopped nectarines or peaches work too until they start to brown on each side in a dry pan, if you do not have a good pan you might want to add a smidge of coconut oil.
- Put in your saucepan, and cook for around 15min on a low heat stir in the cacao about half way through then add honey at the end when finished cooking, you may need to add more milk to make it the right consistency. (You could also eat this as overnight oats cold if you left to soak overnight)
- Sprinkle with bee pollen or cacao nibs for extra crunch and energy goodness.