Healthy Gluten Free Gingerbread
I don’t know about you but I loved gingerbread as a kid. The spiciness of the ginger with the sweetness, but the stuff I used to have as a child was laden with sugar and oh so bad for you. These have a fabulous twist, they are all natural, nothing processed, nothing refined and they are gluten and dairy free woo!!!!! Try making these super simple gingerbread men!
- 150g chickpea/gram flour
- 150 g ground almonds
- 1 locally sourced free range egg white
- 5 meedjool dates (stone removed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger (Less if you don’t want it strong)
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw local honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- Melt coconut oil and honey in a pan just until they become liquid then allow to cool.
- Put chickpea flour, ground almonds, baking powder, dates and spices in a food processor. Process until combined and mix is crumbly.
- Now add coconut oil, honey, vanilla + egg white. Process again until a soft dough forms.
- Take your dough put in a glass bowl and leave in the fridge for about 30min.
- Take out and put some extra chickpea flour on your surface then I just used my hands to press down the mixture
- Bake at 160 degrees for about 20/25 minutes until slightly colouring golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- EAT!!!! They keep really well so you probably have about 2 weeks with these beauties!