Healthy Greek Salad Recipe
I don’t know about anyone else but I simply love greek food and this is a greek inspired salad with a twist, I know they normally use cucumber in a greek salad but I find it makes the rest of my salad soggy especially if I have taken it with me plus I do not really like it in salad! So I have added in roasted butternut squash, sprinkled with seeds and of course avocado! As you know I love my salads and this one is fabulous! I whipped this salad up in a few minutes and I normally make a big batch of it to take for a super healthy lunch that is great on the go! All you will require is an oven and a chopping board! Want to know how to make it? Read on darling read on!
- 1 butternut squash sliced width ways about 1 inch thick for each slice (1-2 slices per person portion size)
- 1 inch thick slice of Feta cheese for each person chopped into chunks (I always read the label and make sure the feta I buy is made using goats and ewes milk not with any cows dairy, not only is it better quality with a more authentic taste but it is so much easier for our bodies to digest)
- About 10-15 grapes per person (depending on how fruity you like it, you could also use pomegranates, blueberries, apple, strawberries)
- 1 large handful of spinach per person
- 1/2 avocado per person
- 1 tablespoon of mixed seeds or toasted seeds or almond flakes or pine nuts
- About 6-10 olives per person
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil per person
- Lay the butternut on a tray on foil and roast for 20-30min turning half way on 180
- Whilst that is cooking put spinach on the plate, top with chopped avocado, grapes and olives
- Take out butternut, chop into chunks and put on the salad
- Drizzle with olive oil and seeds! VOILA!!!
- Take with you for a delicious lunch, just take a separate pot for the oil so you do not get a soggy salad.