Healthy Minestrone Soup
I don’t know about you but there are certain times of year that only soup or something warming will do! I really do not feel like salad! This is the perfect option for you, it is warming, healthy, easy and packed full of goodness
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 12 salad tomatoes chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 veggie organic low sodium stock cube melted into 250ml boiling water
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 cup spelt pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until see through and browning. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the celery and carrot and cook until they begin to soften. Now add the dried oregano and basil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; Cook until softened into mixture.
- Add the diced and crushed tomatoes and the veggie broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans and pasta and cook until the pasta and vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Add spinach then cook until wilted. Season with salt. Ladle into bowls and top with chopped basil.
- Add extra water to the mixture if it is too thick.