The Best Healthy Pumpkin Granola !
Mmmmmmm its autumn, the leaves have fallen and there are pumpkins everywhere!!! But what do you do with the precious insides of your pumpkin? Make them into things like this gorgeous granola of course! Check out the recipe below!
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup bashed up walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (use the ones from inside your pumpkin and roast them then put them in)
- 1/2 cup runny honey or maple syrup for vegan option
- 1/2 tsp of himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Pop your oven on to 180 to heat up/
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, nuts, seeds, spices, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Get a pan and pop in your coconut oil, honey and pumpkin puree and mix it up then pour in your dry ingredients and mix up so covered evenly.
- Get your hands dirty and get the mixture and break up with your hands and spread the mixture evenly onto two baking trays, I cover them in baking parchment so the mixture does not stick and bake for around 30 minutes, flip the mixture over half way through cooking.
- Cook until it crisps up and goes a nice golden colour!
- Pop in a pot and it should keep well for just over a week, you could also freeze a batch of it! I had mine with lashings of coconut yoghurt, fresh figs and a drizzle of almond milk! SOooooooooo good!