Maple Pomegranate Brussel Sprouts
To many people the thought of brussel spouts was enough to put you off your Christmas dinner. Well this recipe is enough to make even the most die-hard sprout hater love them again!!! These sprouts are so yummy and the tanginess of the cranberries really adds a lovely flavor combination against the sweet maple sprout!
- 2 shallots, sliced
- Handful fresh cranberries
- 400g Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 4 tablespoons raw maple syrup
- ½ pomegranate seeds.
- Handful flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 190. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut stems and any outer leave from your brussel sprouts that don’t look great then slice in half.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, shallots, olive oil, and salt until evenly coated. Evenly spread them onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Give the Brussels sprouts a stir, add the cranberries and roast for 20 minutes more, remove from the oven and stir in the maple syrup.
- Continue to roast the Brussels sprouts for about 10 to 15 more minutes, or until they are fork tender.
- Toss the roasted Brussels sprouts with pomegranates, I also like to add in toasted almond flakes or roasted hazelnuts, chestnuts or pecans are also great!