The Best Healthy Banana Bread
I dont know about anyone else but I love love love banana bread and when it is healthy, gluten free and dairy free I dont think you can get much better than that!!! This one turned out so well and so simple to make! It also keeps really well! You should get a week out of it at least!! I always love making this when I have a few ripe bananas hanging around the place! Let me know what you think
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract or powder
- 3 locally sourced free range egg
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp local raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (I like lots but if you dont like it use less)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Can add in walnuts chopped
- Raisins/dates chopped
- Choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 and spread light layer of coconut oil in your loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, beaten eggs, coconut oil, honey or maple syrup and vanilla extract (wet mixture).
- In a separate bowl sieve in the flours (this is important) then stir together the flour, ground almonds, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda (dry mixture).
- Pour the dry mixture into the bowl with the wet mixture and fold into each other, stir until combined. Allow batter to sit for 10 minutes before pouring it into the prepared loaf pan. Bake on the centre rack in the oven for 45 minute to 1 hour, until loaf tests clean (this means when you stick a knife in it there is no residue on the knife when you pull it out)
- Remove bread from the oven and allow it to sit for 30 minutes before turning it out onto a cutting board (if you can wait that long I tend to eat it when its hot lol, I can’t help myself!).
- Serve on its own, with almond butter on top, I even like mine for breakfast with avo and egg lol!